Monday, March 19, 2007

I AM FIFTY... AIN'T THAT NIFTY?

...Or just an excuse for yet another stonkingly bad title, anyway. This is my fiftieth post and I'm pretty stoked about it. When I started blogging, I had no idea I'd still be blogging 50 posts later. This blog has been great fun for me, and it's given me a nice little personal space in which to express my feelings about Bollywood and movies in general. Carla once described her site as a labour of love, and I feel the same about this blog. It's very time-consuming, but it's great fun, and it gives me a useful reference point for how these movies have made (and still make) me feel.

Hearing from the readers of this blog is really the icing on the cake. It's great to connect with other Bollywood fans around the world and to share our common (and not-so-common) experiences with these movies. It's great to learn about the different things others have taken away from the movies I've seen, from the hilarious, to the inspirational, to the educative, to the fun. I really love getting comments and exchanging views (hint, hint). I also get a kick out of looking at my site stats and seeing that people have come here looking for pictures and stuff and have found them.

Anyway, I'd like to use this post to plug www.chakpak.com, which is a pretty interesting movie site, and which has given me some fab widgets to liven up my old picture-less posts with! So thanks, www.chakpak.com. I love your widgets!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Daddys' Girl -

We are happy that you liked our widgets and found our site interesting. In that case, can you please mention our site - www.chakpak.com - in your favorite bollywood related places :).

An appreciation from a great bollywood fan like you definitely boosts our spirits. Please do contribute to the chakpak.com by writing reviews or participating in discussions. Let us know if you feel something is missing in chakpak.com and help us in improving it further.

Thanks & Regards,
Chakpak.com Team

Daddy's Girl said...

Done! :) Thanks for the comment.

Alan said...

Congratulations on your fiftieth. You're right about blogging being time consuming. I'm having a hard time keeping up. Life gets really busy sometimes. I'll check out the chakpak site.

Desimusicclub said...

Congrats on your 50th post! You do a great job, have a great writing style and I especially love your pics. Keep up the good work fellow Bollywood Blogger :)

Daddy's Girl said...

Thanks Alan, Sanket & Nilong!!