Friday, March 05, 2010

DISTINCTIVE BEAUTY...

This post was inspired by Sanket, who writes a beautiful blog here... he got me thinking about distinctive facial features when he commented on these famous eyebrows:


which of course belong to this gorgeous woman:


Sanket is not a fan of Kajol's bushy brows, as he feels they distract from the beauty of her eyes. My views are completely opposite - I LOVE Kajol's unibrow! I realise that mine is a minority opinion, but I think the bushy brows add to her striking, unconventional beauty and lend her face more character and distinction... as always, diff'rent strokes...

... but speaking of distinction, as I said, this all got me thinking... about facial features that are truly distinctive... so much so that when you see them, you immediately realise whose face you're looking at. Below are 5 features that I consider truly distinctive, taken from pictures of Bollywood stars. I won't supply their names... I'll leave that to you. No prizes for guessing right though, as these features are so unique, and the faces they belong to so well-known, that the answers are easy-peasy!

First up is another set of eyebrows... but unlike Kajol's, these brows are distinctive because of their shape, not because they very rarely come into contact with grooming instruments!

Next... these gorgeous, huge eyes...



And next, lips curved in a smile that could light up an entire building...


And another pair of striking eyes....


Finally, a mouth as unique as its owner....



I'd love to know about some of the features you consider most distinctive in the faces of your favourite Bollywood stars!

11 comments:

Anishok said...

I love Kajol's eyebrows! In fact, I can't even imagine her with two perfectly separate brows.

And wonderfully chosen features! I love my favorite star's lips - very distinctive and funnily bigger than his co-stars'.

Daddy's Girl said...

Thanks Ani! I know what you mean about your favourite's lips... everything about his face is pretty distinctive and almost seems like all the features shouldn't go together as well as they do. Know what I mean? (Unless of course your fave isn't the guy I'm 99% sure it is, in which case, forget everything I just said. LOL! And I'm glad someone else loves Kajol's brows (or brow LOL!)

Shellie said...

I think Kajol's is a type of beauty we don't see very often in North America. Not many women wouldn't pluck those puppies until they were thin little lines, but I think she's gorgeous just the way she is!

I'm thinking that the lovely set of eyes belongs to Rani (the ones right below Shah)? Is that right? That's the only pic I was unsure about. And I absolutely think that Juhi has got the best smile in Bollywood. She is pure joy!

I know it's weird, but I love Shah's teeth. It's weird right? I have to spend more time focusing on everyone else's features so that I have something worthy of replying next time!

Anishok said...

Unless of course your fave isn't the guy I'm 99% sure it is, in which case, forget everything I just said.

I was talking about Shahid Kapoor, who did you have in mind? :P Totally kidding of course! Shah Rukh all the way.

And Shell, It think (I may be wrong) it's Sridevi's eyes.

Daddy's said...

@Shell: No, you aren't weird at all! Or if you are, at least you're certainly not alone. I love SRK's teeth too... I think they're sexy, tobacco stains and all. And I certainly can't blame you for wanting to look at him more than anyone else - he's very well worth looking at! Oh, and Ani is right about the eyes - Sridevi.

@Anishok: LOL! I was more like 99.999999999999% sure it was him!

MsBlogger said...

While I'm not a fan of Kajol's unibrow, I have no problem with it either...

I always find Aishwariya's eyes so very captivating! They really bring her face to life if yoiu know what I mean...

Daddy's Girl said...

Msblogger, I agree about Ash's eyes - totally captivating... I think they are her best feature... thanks for stopping by!

MsBlogger said...

Sorry about the typo...

Any time! Thanks for your comment on my blog, feel free to come again!

Nicki said...

Cool post!

I love Bips and Aish's eyes

Daddy's Girl said...

Nicki, thanks for sharing... your girl Bipasha does have very beautiful eyes... very unusual and just lovely.

Beauty Tips said...

Kajol is the best girl who always have very good looks, only because of his eyebrows and wide eyes.